Updates...
Since the beginning of school, establishing a safe and supportive environment to learn French has been key. Understanding and following oral french instructions are becoming more routine for most students. Oral communication primarily consists of repeating back keywords or phrases... most apparent during our carpet routines and songs.
The children have also been progressing quite nicely in their ability to correctly pronounce words as well as read/sound out the words from the poems and songs that we practice in class. If your child is having some difficulty with the alphabet and his or her letter sounds in French and/or English..please check out the websites on the French and English Blogs that will help. This ability forms the basis of learning to read and is a fundamental skill that is essential to move on. This knowledge in English will transfer to French quite nicely!
Other.....
A) Songs
Please see side panel for links to song lists. See September-October link. As they are mostly through You tube...please supervise your children on these sites. I will continue to post additional songs as the year progresses. What I like most about these songs is that the words are visible underneath and the children are learning the correct pronunciation of French words through songs as well as building their sight word vocabulary.
B) Websites
Please check out links posted on the side! I welcome any other recommendations you may have as well.
Please see side panel for links to song lists. See September-October link. As they are mostly through You tube...please supervise your children on these sites. I will continue to post additional songs as the year progresses. What I like most about these songs is that the words are visible underneath and the children are learning the correct pronunciation of French words through songs as well as building their sight word vocabulary.
B) Websites
Please check out links posted on the side! I welcome any other recommendations you may have as well.
C) Please see How I can help my child in French link. Again...all of these are just suggestions!
D) Please sign up to follow by email. Top right corner of Blog.
D) Please sign up to follow by email. Top right corner of Blog.
E) When library rotations start.....French library book....Children should be taking out an appropriate French library book every week at the time when they have English library. (I am not there). The librarian will be assisting them to make appropriate choices...Ex. level 1 or 2 or a few simple lines on a page. If your child comes home with a book that appears too hard please re-explain choice.
Merci!
Mme da Costa
No comments:
Post a Comment