Monday, March 23, 2020

Letter to parents

Dear students and families, 


I wish to extend my well-wishes to all of my students, parents/guardians and families.
I hope that everyone is healthy and safe during these extraordinary times. I encourage
you and your family to ensure that your health and well-being remains your number
one priority. Having support and connection from those around us will help to make
this challenging time less isolating. Please let me know if you think your child would
benefit from receiving a phone call. I would love to have a chat with them! You or your
child may also email me at rejeanne.dacosta@ocsb.ca. I miss each and every one of
them dearly...their smiles, laughter, questions, problems and little personalities!
As teachers, our students' emotional well-being is our top priority at the moment.
We would love to help support the efforts you are making at home in regards to this.
If you wish to also connect with any other teachers you may do so using the school
email and checking the school website.


With the absence of formal classes, students in our province will be undertaking some
form of “virtual learning.” The details of what this will look like for the next two weeks or
longer will continue to be clarified and explained over the coming days. In the meantime,
this Blog will be my primary tool I use for communication. For now, I intend to provide all
learning activities and assignments using this tool. Over the next few days, I will be
updating links and sharing ideas. Moreover, students will also be able to access links
to our school board learning portal (ex. Raz Kids, etc.) and the Ministry provided
learning https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home. Recognizing that home “schooling”
will only be a small part of your day, equally important is exercising, reading, getting
fresh air, playing at home, prayer and time spent with your family!


Please do not hesitate to reach out. Your child’s teachers are here to provide support
in any way that we can. 


Sending you well-wishes and prayers for good health for the weeks ahead.


Sincerely, 

Madame Réjeanne da Costa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday September  7, 2020 Good morning Families, My name is Mme. da Costa . I am very excited to introduce myself as your child’s Grade 1 Fr...